WITB: Scottie Scheffler, 2023 THE PLAYER Championship winner, was uncatchable Sunday even after a slow start. Scheffler’s win propels him to #1 in World Golf Rankings for the second season in a row. This also secures back-to-back wins for TaylorMade’s Stealth 2 Woods. Sean Martin of the PGA Tour said it perfectly, “No matter what the leaderboard looks like entering the final round, uncertainty prevails until the final putt.” And, Scottie Scheffler did it in commanding fashion (-17 total) despite final day surges from multiple would-be competitors.
WITB for Scottie Scheffler – 2023 THE PLAYERS Championship Winner
With the help of PGA Tour and GolfWRX, we visit Scottie Scheffler’s winning bag at the 2023 THE PLAYERS Championship. Where the old adage “stick with what works,” learn more about the ONLY change Scottie made – that of moving to the Stealth 2 woods.
- Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 8-degree with a Fujikura Ventus Black 7X shaft.
- Fairways: TaylorMade Stealth 2 15-degree 3-wood with a Fujikura Ventus Black 8X shaft.
TaylorMade just secured back-to-back PGA Tour victories with the new Stealth 2 Woods, Scheffler following Kitayama’s recent win with Stealth 2. The only change in Scheffler’s bag in 2023 was replacing the Stealth Plus woods with the new Stealth 2 woods. Read Scheffler’s WITB in 2022. Plus, in a year where the Callaway Paradym racked up 6 of the 7 first victories in 2023, these two wins are big for TaylorMade.
- Irons: The Srixon ZU85 3-iron and 4-iron, each with the Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Hybrid Prototype 10X shaft. Plus the TaylorMade P-7TW 5-iron through PW, close but a custom sister iron to the P-7MB irons with the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts.
Like many other tour players, we’re seeing an increasing number of combo iron sets. While Scheffler made no change to his irons in 2023, many other tour players are replacing same-club long irons with more forgiving models. Gain more consistency and accuracy in your 3-, 4- and 5-irons by considering a combo set today.
- Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM8 50-degree and 56-degree wedges with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts. Plus a Titleist WedgeWorks Proto 60-degree lob wedge, also with the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts.
- Putter: The Scotty Cameron Special Select Timeless blade