Our WITB Kurt Kitayama, 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational winner, features multiple firsts. Kitayama held off multiple charging players including Rory McIlroy and Harris English to win by one. It marks Kitayama’s first tour win. And it marks TaylorMade’s first tour win with the new Stealth 2 woods. And, the 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitation had one of the deepest fields of the year in which Kitayama second longest odds to win. Congratulations Kurt!
WITB for Kurt Kitayama – 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational Winner
With the help of reports from PGA Tour, Graphite Design and GolfWRX, we go deep into Kitayama’s full winning bag of TaylorMade clubs.
- Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 10.5-degree with the Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 X-stiff shaft.
- Fairways: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HL 16.5-degree 3-wood with the Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 X-stiff shaft. And TaylorMade Stealth 2 21-degree 7-wood with the Graphite Design Tour AD UB-9 X-stiff shaft.
This marks TaylorMade’s first tour victory with the Stealth 2 series. The Stealth 2 deploys more carbon throughout the clubhead than ever before. High performing improvements in CG and MOI have made the Stealth 2 that much better than the first-ever Stealth woods.
- Irons: A combo set of TaylorMade P7MC 4-iron through 6-iron and TaylorMade P7MB 7-iron through PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100.
The TaylorMade P-Series Irons pack an updated look, updated material composition and tons of new tech in the 2023 models. The new P-7MC and P-7MB as well as the P-790 2021, P-770 are each forged with 1025 carbon steel infused with tungsten plus packed with other golfer-loving new features.
- Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 52- and 56 degrees and Vokey Design SM9 WedgeWorks 60-degree wedges with the True Temper Dynamic Gold S400.
- Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast