WITB: Taylor Moore, 2023 Valspar Championship winner, shot 4 under on Sunday and may have surprised the field. But to him and his caddy, it was no surprise – the hard work paid off. This is Moore’s first win in just his second season on Tour. And this win secures PING’s first PGA Tour win of 2023. Jordan Spieth fell to third and Adam Schenk took second after being tied with Moore at 10 under. This win also gets Moore into the upcoming Masters Tournament – a dream come true.
WITB for Taylor Moore – 2023 Valspar Championship Winner
- Driver: Ping G430 LST 10.5-degrees with a Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Blue 60 TX shaft.
- Fairways: Ping G430 Max 15 degrees 3-wood with a Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7 X shaft. And, a Ping G430 Max 21 degrees 7-wood with a Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 85 TX shaft.
Released in January, the new Ping G430 woods were designed to deliver accurate, longer distances. Plus, the new face-design increases face flexing to gain that distance more consistently. And, the G430 Series of woods won GOLD in the Golf Digest Hot List for 2023.
- Irons: A Ping i230 4-iron plus the Ping S55 5-iron through PW with the True Temper Dynamic Gold Mid Tour Issue X100 shafts.The Dynamic Gold Mid shafts complement modern day equipment by utilizing a unique shaft geometry that features a stiffer mid-section with a more active tip section. This helps promote higher launch angles and more spin than other Dynamic Gold offerings in similar weight categories.
- Wedges: Ping Glide Forged Pro 50-, 54-, and 60-degree wedges with the True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts.Like many other tour players, softening the shaft in wedges is common for feel players. The S400 shafts are slightly lighter and softer than the X100 shafts; filling that need. The only way to know what wedge shaft is right for you is from a custom wedge fitting.
- Putter: Ping PLD Oslo 4 prototype