WITB for Grayson Murray, 2024 SONY Open winner and securing his first win since 2017. Grayson is playing a mixed set of Mizuno driver, Callaway fairways, Mizuno irons, Mizuno wedges and LAB putter. Again, this shows that the manufacturer really does not matter, it is the performance of the clubs that counts. Grayson sunk a HUGE putt on the first playoff hole to clinch his victory!
Grayson was first in strokes gained for the tournament at 2.93 – pretty impressive. Grayson played a steady round four and sunk a clutch birdie putt on 18 to make the playoff. And he followed that up with anoth great putt on 18 for the victory!
Winning WITB for Grayson Murray, SONY Open
- Driver: Mizuno ST X 230 10.5 with UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X White 7F5 (70 gram X Stiff). He averaged 296 yards with his driver while hitting 68% of fairways. Very nice.
- Fairways. Grayson chose to play a Callaway Rogue Max 16.5 degree 3 wood and a Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 7 wood, both with the UST Mamiya LIN-Q Black 8F5 (80 gram, X Stiff) shafts. Interesting that Grayson chose a 7 wood instead of a hybrid. We typically fit stronger players into a single fairway wood and then a hybrid.
- Irons: Grayson played the Mizuno Pro 225 in his 4 iron and Mizuno Pro 221 in his 5-PW. The shaft he played is the True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 Tour Issue. The new version of these irons has just been released, the Mizuno Pro 245 and 241. Great feel and performance, especially the Pro 241 with the copper layer.
- Wedges: This is where Grayson is pretty traditional. He plays the Mizuno T22 52, 56 and 60. Not sure if the 52 has been delofted as there would be a 6 degree gap between his PW and 52, which we think is a bit much. Shafts are the True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue for a little heavier weight and softer feel.
- Putter: Wow…what a putt to win it, huh? LAB Link.1 blade-style with a Kinetix Tuned Zero TRQ shaft. We are a BIG fan of the LAB putters and upgraded shafts like the Kinetix. If you have not tried all of the LAB options, set up a putter fitting!!
Custom Fit Full Bag
One of the great benefits of a custom fitting at D’Lance Golf is that we’re brand agnostic and we’re club head agnostic. We’ve fit thousands of sets helping players find the optimal mix for precision, distance and accuracy. And, most importantly, a consistent feel as you hit every club in your bag. For Grayson, the Callaway Mizuno ST X 230 driver, Callaway Rogue and Paradym fairway woods, Mizuno Pro 225 and 221 irons and Mizuno T24 wedges were the perfect set. On top of all that, the LAB Link.1 putter was a huge part of his victory! Don’t guess, get custom fit for your next set of clubs, including your putter!